What is the 10x10?
The 10x10 Benefit Art Exhibit & Sale, co-sponsored by Arts Are Elementary and Points of View Artists, is an annual fundraiser for Arts Are Elementary.
Since 2008, the 10x10 event has been enthusiastically supported by artists, art collectors, local sponsors and community volunteers. To date, the 10x10 Benefit has raised $58,000 for Arts Are Elementary.
Co-Founders: Points of View Artists and Arts Are Elementary
Points of View Artists, a diverse group of Brunswick area artists, is a proud co-founder with Arts Are Elementary of the 10x10 Benefit Art Exhibit & Sale. POV chose Arts Are Elementary as its primary community project in 2007 and has steadfastly maintained its support every year. To learn more about Points of View Artists, its members, public gallery space, receptions and more, visit www.povartistsmaine.com
Arts Are Elementary is a local nonprofit program founded in 1980 that brings visual artists, writers and performers into the Brunswick elementary schools. The program reaches all children in kindergarten through the 5th grade with a myriad of fun, inspiring opportunities for creative expression.
AAE coordinates artists' residencies with the school's curriculum. Through these residencies and special concerts, students explore a wide range of art forms from cultures around the world.
Who Participates in the Event?
- Maine artists
- Art collectors
- Local sponsors and community volunteers
- Businesses offer financial sponsorship to offset the costs of frames and publicity.
- Restaurants provide appetizers for the reception.
- Points of View artists frame artwork.
- Spindleworks artists hang posters.
- Bowdoin College Women's Hockey team prepares the frames and washes glass.
- Brunswick High School students serve at the reception
- Over 50 community volunteers work at the Drop Off, the Reception, Pick Up, and Clean Up.
||“The artwork is amazing, the reception is superb and the company is fabulous!” says Kristi Hatrick, Executive Director of AAE. “We love that the 10x10 has grown into an eagerly anticipated fall event that brings people out for a night of great art and good eats ~ and we welcome the chance to further spread the word about Arts Are Elementary.”